So recently The Balm was on Hautelook, and if you do not know what Hautelook is it is a website that sells designer brands at a discount. If you want to sign up for it: Hautelook they have fashion, beauty and home decor they are linked with Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack.
So I decided to try some of The Balm items.
I knew I wanted the Mary-Lou Manizer because of all the hype around it, and the Cindy-Lou Manizer the Betty-Lou Manizer and Meet Matt(e) Nude were kind of just impulse purchases.
The compacts were all $12.00 each and the palette was $21.00. I’m thinking of doing maybe a smackdown of all my nude palettes?
Betty Lou is a bronze shade with a gold reflect.
Cindy Lou is a peachy pink with a gold reflect.
Mary Lou is a honey color with a gold reflect.
With the swatches I have done of these highlighters and using them they all apply easily and smoothly.
Meet Matt(e) is a palette composed of 9 shades all matte.
All these swatches are the colors watched twice for that pigmentation. This palette does not swatch well because if you look closely you can still see spotting in the swatches however these apply wonderfully to the eyes with your brush. Some mattes just can not be watched nicely. I am very happy with the performance on the lid.
Have you tried any of The Balm products? Which are your favorites?
This month I opened my BoxyCharm box and thought “I have to share this now!” I’m unbelievably happy with this box and I’m glad I didn’t cancel like I was thinking of doing.
Oooh. Pretty right?
These products are both by Bodyography. A brow trio and brow brush. This brow brush is exactly what I need. I’ve been wanting a double ended brow brush and while I own the the Anastasia Pro Brow Palette this trio would be great to use when I travel or as eyeshadows. The brow trio is in the shade 3595 Essential.
Lauren B Beauty nail polish in the color SunSet Tower, is a beautiful peach nude color. I did a quick coat of this and it was pretty opaque in one coat and dried fast.
This is a Model Co. Bronzer in the shade Bronzer Shimmer, like its name states it is shimmer so this would be great to do lightly all over your face and collarbones.
This lipstick is beautiful. If you have missed out on some of the beautiful, limited edition Mac lavender lipsticks they have been launching recently that sells out way too fast this is a great alternative. This is color is called Purple Rain by The Lip Bar.
Bronzer, Brow Trio, Lipstick
If you want to sign up, the box is $21 a month. Sign up here: BoxyCharm
It has been three weeks since I have posted, give or take a few days. Where have I been? Trust me, I have been buying and trying products still but I have been busy. I am happy to announce I will be graduating with my second bachelors degree this Saturday. The amount of school work I have had the past three weeks has really made it difficult for me to do much of anything else.
No worries though! I will be returning with frequent posts of all types very, very soon. I am very excited to post about everything I have been trying lately. I am hoping to come back with a very consistent schedule for both this blog and youtube so I am not neglecting any at all.
With all that being said, if you have any requests for videos or blog posts please let me know!
This will be my last Ipsy post at least for a while, I have decided to cancel my subscription. I decided I was getting too many duplicate products and I wasn’t using them.
In this bag I received
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (two packs, one treatment each pack)
NYX Butter Lipstick
MaryKay At Play Eye Crayon
Glow Oil Treatment for Hair
Laneige BB Cushion Sample (three shades)
I am going to keep my Boxy Charm subscription but as for Ipsy I think it was the right time to say “catch you on the flip side” because I have not loved an Ipsy bag in a while. This is a very affordable bag $10 and if you don’t have a large make up collection I highly recommend this to try new products but I have just gained too many duplicates.
Let me know what you got in your Ipsy bag if you receive one.
Lets welcome another new segment to A Clothes Look. Food Bites, I love cooking and baking so I thought I would start sharing here. Mostly what I cook is healthy, especially since I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
This recipe is not super healthy but it is super quick and delicious.
What you need:
4 burrito wraps
3 cups diced potatoes (I used the kind with onions and peppers)
1 cup shredded cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Pepper to taste
Optional items: Proteins are delicious in these such as: bacon, chorizo, chicken, beef. Just cook before and mix in with sour cream or add eggs for a breakfast burrito!
How to make them:
Preheat oven to 375 F
In a quart pan coat your pan with olive oil and put in your diced potatoes and cook over medium heat. Season potatoes with garlic powder and pepper. Feel free to use any other seasonings you would like as well. Cook until tender
Remove from heat and add the cheese, stir. This will help melt the cheese a bit.
Add sour cream and any protein of your choice.
5. Begin scooping into burrito shells. You can wrap these however you wish this is how I do it.
6. Fill and wrap until all the mixture is used. I found this made 4 burritos for me.
7. Now put them in the oven to turn the shells golden brown. I let them sit in the oven about ten minutes, then I flip them and another ten minutes.
8. Let cool and then serve them up!
In my house it’s always a battle on whether to serve them with Smoked Tabasco Sauce or Sriracha.
If you have left overs, I let them cool completely then put them in a gallon ziplock baggie and place them in the fridge. To reheat I put one burrito in the microwave for 1 minute, until the inside is hot, then brown each side in a pan to have a crunchy outside.
If you try this recipe post it on Instagram with the hashtag #foodbitesacl I would love to see them!
Currently my boyfriend and I are residing in the three bedroom home I grew up in. We are doing minor repairs while also sorting out everything that is here, but within the next 12 to 18 months we are looking to break ground into building our own home. I’m super excited if you have ever done this please leave any and all advice! But I am still redecorating our current home all the time. I am finally satisfied with the entry way so I thought I would share it with you today, because if you didn’t know I’m a home decor freak!
I have a warehouse/industry feel to my home, I love the decor style and sadly if it looks like you might get tetanus by scratching it I probably want it in my house.
Here is what you see as soon as you walk into my house…
I still want to get another globe or two for the top of the bookcase but overall I’m very pleased. What is your home style? Where do you find your inspiration?
This is just the average things that are in my make up bag.
1. Gold Bond Hand Cream – My hands are unbelievably dry no matter what season. I found this product toward the tell end of last year and it is incredible.
2. Nars Foundation in Punjab – I rarely touch up my foundation throughout the day but when I do, this does the trick very nicely.
3. Lime Crime – Salem – Let’s be honest there is usually at least four or five different lip products in my purse at any one time. However, I have been using this color the most so I thought I would feature it and I did wear it today.
4. Aleve – I know it is weird to have medicine in your make up bag right? Well, it makes it easy to find and sadly I use a lot of Aleve through my week.
5. Fragrance – I love keeping a roller ball in my purse at all times, because you never know when you are going to either feel or actually be stinky. I have both the Elizabeth and James fragrances in my make up bag. I love them separately but I also love mixing them.
6. Nars Concealer in Custard – Hands down this is my favorite concealer, like I said with the foundation compact I rarely use it but when I need it I like that it is there. It’s my concealer comfort blanket.
7. Chapstick- Oddly enough in Strawberry scent, I am allergic to the actual fruit. But with it being winter here my lips are in constant need of moisture and it comes in handy
8. Compact Mirror – You never know when you need a mirror and this is so much more handy then just pulling out my foundation compact and with how much lipstick I usually have there tends to be a good bit of re-applications.
9. My make up bag itself, I bought it at H&M it is super adorable and holds so much stuff. There is still plenty of room in there for when I decide to start hoarding lipsticks again in there.